Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Great Weekend

Dylan winning gold for the 100 back

Morgan, class of 2015


Friday morning I got a very late start on what was supposed to be an 18 mile run. The cold weather we had been enjoying was gone. It was nearly 80 degrees out and very humid. I was not properly fueled and had no gels. Long story short... my 18 mile run turned into 17 miles and it was miserable. The entire way.

So waking up Saturday morning, I thought, "this weekend better improve" and then Bill called from his run telling me he was getting a migraine. I was not about to let the weekend suck. Bill did what he does and overcame his pain and went with me to volunteer at the high school district swim meet.

The best volunteer position for districts is timer. I was head timer which meant I was right by the awards podium. Dylan has been extremely sick with an ear infection that caused hearing loss and has left him with a damaged ear drum. But the doctor released him to swim as long as he continues his treatments. Having missed lots of practice and a couple of meets, it was unclear how he would swim.

In each of the three events he swam, he won first place! He even broke a JV 100 backstroke record! Of course, Dylan was happy with his times, but as always, he knows he has to improve greatly in order to be promoted to gold/national. At least I got a smile out of him. This great victory even seemed to help Bill feel better.

The next day, we celebrated our beautiful daughter's graduation from high school. Yay! My precious girl is a high school graduate.

This year has been really tough. We've been through very difficult trials- all four of us. But thankfully, we are still here and still moving forward. Our kids are the best. And we are always grateful for the wonderful family and friends in our lives. Morgan's party was intimate and sweet, filled with grandparents she adores, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends who we think of as family. We are truly blessed.






No comments:

Post a Comment