Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas At Casa Crews

A few of us ready to open gifts. At Casa Crews we have a box of hats for all to wear!

As my favorite time of year comes to an end, I sit here on this cold December morning with my coffee feeling grateful. This year has been quite a strange one. We were dealt some difficult blows, but in the end, Bill's "cancerous" spots appear to be infections and the drugs seem to be working. Morgan graduated from high school with a very high GPA and a scholarship to college. Dylan finished high school swim season with a record breaking 100 backstroke after suffering from hearing loss and eardrum damage.

The hardships of the year knocked us down, but we all got back up. We laughed in the face of adversity and drew closer to each other. That's how family should be. We should always face our troubles together. As always, Jack & Linda continue to be our greatest supporters. They pray for us and hug us and fill us with wisdom to live in a broken world.

So, Christmas...

We hosted brunch again. It's so wonderful to have an easy, calm Christmas morning surrounded by people you love. My grandparents were here again. Each year, we wonder if it will be the last with them. They are so very tough and very smart. My parents are in the country and were with us. My sister and her precious family were here. Christmas with children is always much more fun! Of course, the dogs were all part of the celebration and they all loved their many treats.

Following Christmas brunch, we played a silly game with my parents and then decided to head to their ranch near Madisonville and ride 4 wheelers. We also got to watch their German Shepard play fetch in the pond for an hour and still not get tired.

At the end of the night, I was full from eating two bowls of my mom's chicken chili and I felt satisfied. I wasn't thinking about the horrible events of 2015. I was thinking about the family I have. Bill, Morgan and Dylan are my life. Our parents and siblings (including the ones who were unable to be with us this year) are a true blessing. We are looking forward to the adventures of 2016 and already planning our Christmas in Colorado.

Merry Christmas to everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

On our way to Christmas Eve service at church.

Christmas morning, with my coffee and the silence of being alone for a while.

It was hot outside so we made our own snow and snowmen (and these were edible).
Also, we had a snowball fight (using the wadded up gift wrapping after we opened gifts).
Sometimes in life you gotta make your own snow!
Just us girls... me, Morgan, Mama Jo, Mom, Emma and Annie

Our dog Piper loves being at Grandpa & Grandma's ranch

Walking with Bill to the barn
Kids, Bill, Grandpa, Piper & Bear all headed to the pond to play fetch.

Piper riding in the back of one of the 4 wheelers

Dylan driving Uncle Drew's newest purchase. This one goes up to 60 mph.
Bear stands in the back the entire ride, never falling.
Selfie time! Everyone protecting their eyes from Dylan's dust (I had to deal with some dirt).


Bear is so fun. Loves the pond and can play for hours.

He swims like us!

Meanwhile Piper enjoys sunbathing.

I've never seen a dog this in love with the sun.





No comments:

Post a Comment