Sunday, September 13, 2015

Well Done



I have finished the work you gave me to do~ John 17:4

That's what it is all about for me. Finish the work that I have been given. Not someone else's work. But the work God has given to me. And not to go about it lazily, but to pour my heart and soul into it. Doing it with great zeal. I don't want to squander my gifts and talents God has given me. At the end of my life, I want to hear those long awaited words: "well done".

In fact, at the end of every single day, I would like to lay my head on my pillow and hear those words. Each day, I want to finish the work I've been given to do in that day. And I would like to believe that I will have peaceful rest as a result. "Well done good and faithful servant. Enter into your rest."

It is a beautiful morning. It has been a pleasure to sit outside on my deck and have coffee on a cool, crisp Texas day. My goal for the day is to do what I'm supposed to do so that tonight I can close my eyes and drift off to peaceful slumber hearing "well done".





No comments:

Post a Comment