Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Pain or Nothing



Without going into details, this year has been a highly dramatic one. Illegal acts have been committed against our family and we have been involved in some very serious legal battles. Just when I was hoping we were coming to the end of it all, we were hit yesterday with a serious blow.

Great harm has come to us over the past few months. I have not been at liberty to talk to anyone about it, but I have spent lots of time on my knees in prayer. As a result, I have lost a lot of sleep, but have gained a lot of strength I would not otherwise have.

"Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain."~ William Faulkner

Pain hurts. I wrote about this only a few days ago on this blog and said then the same thing I say now. If I could go back in time to change it and avoid the pain, I would not. This pain is leading our family where we need to be so I choose the pain. But we are in some of the most painful situations in life right now and I have moments in which I can barely breathe. In those moments, the only way I survive is my faith in Jesus. He keeps me breathing. He keeps me moving. He keeps me.

Today, my focus will be on moving forward even though I hurt. I'm so very proud of my husband and kids because they are doing the same thing. They are out doing what they are supposed to do in the midst of the pain. One day we will look back on this time and say we are thankful for this pain.





No comments:

Post a Comment