Thursday, July 23, 2015

Running in the heat


As I sit by the pool sipping my delicious chocolate smoothie (you can find the recipe here), I feel grateful for a body that functions. Because of all the volunteer work I do with MD Anderson and the LLS, I know a lot of people whose bodies are very sick so I don't feel I have any right to ever complain.

But I will tell you this... it is freaking HOT outside! Add to that the near 100% humidity and well, I could barely breathe out there on my 3.4 mile run. It took me 28 minutes. Just two days ago, I ran the exact same route in 25 minutes. But I got a later start this morning and the humidity had increased and the sun had been out long enough this time to burn the earth.

There was a time, not long ago, when I absolutely loved running in the heat. I love to sweat and it takes a lot to get my body to sweat. But this summer has zapped me. I'm so very thankful in this kind of weather that I can come home, enjoy my chocolate shake, and stick my hot feet in the cool pool.




No comments:

Post a Comment