Monday, August 29, 2016

Back To School 2016

My sweet girl in her new "home"

I think her daddy is about to cry


Well, our daughter was safely moved into her dorm on August 20. Although she isn't far from home, it was still hard to drive away leaving her all alone on that big campus. The first few days were rough for her which meant they were horrible for me, but now she's happy. She really loves her education courses and I'm so excited to hear more about what all she's learning.

The next hurdle for me was last Monday when my baby boy drove away to the high school. I know that traffic well and found myself on my knees praying for his safety. Will I ever stop worrying about that?

So his schedule is crazy, but when he comes home, I like to greet him with a snack and a smile and get him to tell me anything at all about his day. That's not easy since he doesn't like to talk as much as Morgan, but whatever he shares makes my heart happy.

My house smells like chocolate chip cookies and I look forward to his return home from swim practice later. There are many ups and down in this new season, but I'm so very grateful for my wonderful kids and pray that they will continue to thrive.


After school chocolate chip cookies!








No comments:

Post a Comment