Thursday, May 26, 2016

My Mom


No one on Earth is like my mom. She's truly the greatest lady I know. It's hard to believe that four of us popped out of that tiny body of hers! I was the first.

As a mom, she's always been kind, compassionate and very wise. All four of us go to her with our troubles and she listens without judgment and gives us counsel when we ask. I've seen moms who criticize their kids or try to manipulate them. Thankfully, my mom has encouraged us to live our own lives and be who God has called us to be. 

Her calm, quiet peacefulness might fool you into thinking she's all sugar and no spice, but the truth is, she knows how to stand up and fight for what's right. And her warrior spirit is something I'm deeply grateful to have on my side in life.

You might not know how talented she is when you hang out with her because she's too humble to boast about herself. She prefers to listen to others, but my mom can write stories and songs, she's a gifted teacher, she can sew, she's an amazing cook and much more. She's highly intelligent and super healthy too. In fact, she looks like she's my age with beautiful Greek skin, long thick hair and bright hazel eyes. She's the one who taught me to love physical fitness and eating healthy foods.

My mom loves my dad too. And not just the emotional romantic kind of love, but the kind of love that counts the most- she takes care of him when he's sick and travels the world with him on all kinds of adventures. They are best friends.

But the best thing about my mom is her faith. No matter what's happening, she's strong in her faith. She prays for us all. All the time. She never gives up. I wish I were more like her.

If we were paid according to what we deserve, she would be the richest woman on planet Earth. Today is her birthday and I wish I could give her a big hug. But I'll just send her a virtual hug til I can see her again. How lucky am I that Linda is my mom.

Happy birthday MOM!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment