Sunday, February 21, 2016

Running Happy

My happy Brooks running compression socks

My running buddy for a few minutes, a goofy duck


My run Saturday morning was not all happiness. I have been under a lot of stress lately and it's worn me out physically. Add to that the horrible heat and lack of nutrition, well, it was not my best run. But I did have a few moments of great joy on that run.

It started with the socks. Yes, wearing fun socks or a cute outfit just cheers a girl up on a long run. Bill gave me these adorable Brooks compression socks and I really felt a lot more cheerful because of them.

If you are open to it, many fun and happy things can happen on a run. I noticed the small hills on the route. I enjoyed the sound of the birds and the rustling of the leaves as a light wind blew through the trails. Lots of folks were out running or walking their dogs or slowly cycling along and it was nice seeing their smiling faces.

I think my favorite part of the run was the brief time I spent at the very end of Cochrans Crossing. This hilarious duck seemed to be lost, far away from the big pond. As I ran, he ran too. Along the trail he ran and I thought maybe we were racing, but as I got closer, he got a little scared and left the trail for the golf course.

Thankfully my husband brought me a sports drink when I needed it at mile 5 and I was able to finish my 9.5 miler feeling strong. You know you've had a happy run when you come back after enduring hardships only able to remember the happy parts of the run.











No comments:

Post a Comment